As we are moving toward the idea of being a foster home (landlords have approved us! Yay!), I have been searching for lots of inspiration and advice for first-time dog fosters.
The first place I looked for information on fostering is the great blog Love and a Six-Foot Leash. While Aleksandra and her family have stopped fostering for now, they’ve had a ton of experience and offer excellent, thorough advice. Some of the most helpful and informative posts for wannabe fosters:
Love and a Six-Foot Leash
- Fostering as a New Year’s Resolution
- A Bit of Fostering Inspiration for Our New Friends
- Fostering Made Easy(er): The Tie-Down
- How to Save a Life through Dog Fostering
Lindsey at ThatMutt.com has also fostered before, and she has some great posts about it, too, including:
- 11 Reasons to Foster a Dog
- Reason to Foster a Dog
- Helping a Dog Get Used to Kids
- How to Walk and Train Two Dogs at the Same Time
- The Problem with Calling Dogs “Foster Dogs”
- When Is the Right Time to Foster Another Dog?
I’ve also enjoyed reading other dog bloggers’ experiences in fostering, including Pamela’s list of 9 Things You Must Have to Foster (Something Wagging This Way Comes) and the posts on fostering from Vanessa at The Rufus Way.
Other Blogs about Fostering I Follow
- And Foster Makes Five
- Dog Blessed @ Silverwalk
- Dog Foster Mom
- Peace, Love, and Fostering
- That Touch of Pit
- Volunteers for Paws
Do you blog about being a foster for dogs? If so, share your blog, and I’d be happy to add it to the list!