Have you ever broken up with your vet? If so, why? Care to share your experiences?
I’ve not totally made up my mind to do this, but I’ve been thinking lately about finding another vet. It’s not for any serious disputes, though. In general, they’ve been great, and they’re always very responsive when we have issues. We were in their office every week in April, for various issues, and they were supportive and kind.
So, why am I thinking about breaking up?
- Distance. It takes us about an hour by car, round trip, to get to them. This exhausts me. And it’s an added expense.
- Sometimes I question their knowledge base. Naturally, I do not have a vet degree, and so I trust them… but with all of our health issues lately, sometimes I felt like I was the one pointing things out or suggesting tests or treatments. That made me feel uneasy.
But maybe I’m crazy, because:
- Seem to be cheaper than most local vets, who cater to the rich pups (our town is wealthier than we are).
- Really sweet, all-female staff.
- Have worked with lots of shepherds from the girls’ rescue, so they are very familiar with shy German shepherds.
I don’t want to break up with them, because they are so nice, but Guion wants to. He’d prefer to go somewhere nearby, and he also feels like their advice sometimes doesn’t make sense. What do you think? Am I crazy for even considering it?