We live with two very heavy chewers, and I’m always on the hunt for indestructible dog toys.
Things that have held up to the shepherd chompers:
- The black (extreme) Kong products
- The Planet Dog ball
- A version of the Kong Wubba that looked like a rabbit (has since died after the head was removed with near-surgical precision)
Things we’ve tried and failed with:
- Rawhides (upset stomachs)
- Deer antlers (upsets Pyrrha’s stomach)
- Marrow bones (splinter so easily; also dogs lose interest quickly)
- Anything remotely stuffed
- Rope toys (Eden thinks the game is to rip out the threads of the rope and swallow them)
I’d like to try some more products from Planet Dog; I’ve been impressed with the strength of that ball. But I’m always looking for other suggestions!
Do you have heavy-duty chewers in your house? What products have you liked for them?